Wednesday, January 18, 2006

T'ween Loom Knitting!

Are you crafty? Are you interested in knitting? Are you chilly and wishing you had a beautiful, warm, handmade scarf? Do you know someone who needs a beautiful, warm, handmade scarf? Are you between the age of 9 and 17 years? If you answered yes to any of those questions come to the Pinckney Library on January 26 at 6:30 when I will be teaching loom knitting (also known as how to use a knitting board). There is a $5 materials fee for the loom which you get to keep - if you already have a loom bring it and you dont have to pay the fee. You need to bring one skein of yarn (my advice is to start with simple acrylic yarn) and if you can find one bring a crochet hook but it is not necessary. Everyone will leave this program with a scarf started which you can finish at home or bring back to the library if you need help with finishing it later. It is a fun hands-on program! If you want to learn more about loom knitting check out these web sites: Authentic Knitting Board The Knitting Loom Store If you are interested please contact the library (or me) and register for any one of the classes we are offering. I hope I get to share my passion for knitting with you at the library!
~Sara

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Lindsey said...

Awesome! I hope Nora's going, she'd love it I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats